Wednesday, December 31, 2008
1. Birth of Samantha, just mere 10 days before my birthday, and on same day as my bro-in-law's birthday. And being able to recover quickly from my c-section.
2. Abby "grew" overnight! Her intelligence, her sense of humor, her independence, it's like having a KID instead of a toddler. And she's only 3....
3. My job at school. I love working with deaf kids and that they are learning something new. Sense of accomplishment by teaching them a thing or two.
4. Having a wonderful husband, who really do help out with two kids, keeping house clean, yard neatly trimmed, cars washed, minor repairs here and there, and still cook us dinners once in a while. I thank heaven for him.
5. No car accidents this year!
6. No broken bones, no serious illness, no deaths of closed ones this year.
7. It was a nice quiet year with a new baby and a kid. No major trauma! :-)
8. Got to see "Nutcracker" with my daughter. A newly found tradition.
9. Saved LOTS of money with food shopping by stocking up on sale items.
10. Looking forward to our big trip to Hawaii in April!
What's your BEST OF 2008?
And by the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Let the new changes come...
Sunday, December 21, 2008
This was taken last night. Well over a foot of snow fell overnight! Then I got up at 3:30 AM and saw that it was raining.
So, this morning, we have over a foot of snow with a crispy crust of ice on top. It cracks with every foot step.
Not a real fun snow to play in though....
Saturday, December 20, 2008
I was watching the length of snow on our outdoor table. This morning, it was about 5-6 inches. Just now, I walked into the kitchen and glanced and it looks like a foot or more on the table!
My school was canceled since Wednesday. So, our Christmas vacation actually started early. I'm sure we'll have to make up the days in the summer...
We went to Tacoma Mall this morning before the snow came. I fell in love with Uggs slippers and I got them!!! Yayyyyyy. I know, the name's awful, but SOOOOO comfy and WARM.
I guess I just like shoes with odd names: Crocs, Uggs, Ahnu, Sloggers, and Sketchers.
Ok, I'd better go... I'm fully prepared in case power goes out. And it's Abby's bedtime so I gotta tuck her in.
Hope you're safely at home and the snow brings NO problem for all of you.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
I just had to capture this short video! Too funny to pass up.
As of 2:39 PM, we have about 6 inches of snow on the ground. It has been falling steadily all day. Jon's work was canceled. My school was canceled. Everyone gets to stay home. Jon and Abby went outside to play!
This video was taken about couple hours later after Abby came in.
Note: it has some nudity! The house was warm by the way.... :-)
Saturday, December 6, 2008
We went to see Signing Santa last night! It was held AT MY SCHOOL. How convenient was that?! Saw a lot of new and old friends there. Some of my students. Some people I have never seen before. Abby was EXCITED! She was SO looking forward to sitting on Santa's lap. She has been afraid of Santa since... birth. (mere 3 years ago). Even last year, when my brother-in-law dressed up as Santa, she was still afraid of "Santa."
She asked for a guitar. There were tables full of toys for kids to pick out after sitting on Santa's lap. Abby picked out "Mommy and Baby Barbie" set. It came with a small crib, changing table/dresser, chair, and lots of those pesty little things not bigger than your pinkie nail. Milk bottle, rattles, toys, etc. The baby isn't even bigger than my own thumb. I'm sure I'll step on those tiny toys at two in the morning. *ouch*
Sami was sooo tired that she was in "I don't care" mode. Abby thinks she wants a Remote Control from Santa. HA, it's because everytime I hold Sami on my lap on the couch, she's always reaching for the remote.
It was fun. Snowman, Reindeer and clown were there, entertaining.
Monday, December 1, 2008
We drove up to Marysville and spent a nice Thanksgiving dinner with my folks. Jon's folks joined us too. Then spent the night up there and went to the Outlet stores for some bargains the next day (didn't find any..).
But I was SO looking forward to CHRISTMAS! I just wanted to get everything out and start decorating!!!
This was taken on Saturday morning, right after Thanksgiving. All the girls were having fun with daddy! Even Trigger *must* be in the picture, due to some itty bitty jealousy... :-)
Later this afternoon, I whipped out the camera and told them to look at me. Sami flashed her biggest smile at me! Wow! I barely even have to tell her to smile. She's now 7.5 months old.
Our Christmas tree is up! I wanted the ornaments to be mainly just red and white. "Peppermint Tree" I call it... It gets rearranged every 15 minutes by a three-year old mystery girl....! Somehow, I cannot seem to get the tree to stay up straight.